Measurements are, first and foremost, Information: we measure the characteristics and properties of objects and phenomena in order to increase our knowledge of nature and man-made products, and thus make better use of them.
Measure as Precise and Delicate Information
Metrology is the science and technology of measurements, that is performing and producing measurements.
Measurements are, first and foremost, INFORMATION: we measure the characteristics and properties of objects and phenomena in order to increase our knowledge of nature and man-made products, and thus make better use of them.
Characteristic measurements and properties of objects
Dimensional Measurement Laboratory
Dimensional Measurement with CMMs or Laser
- whether the design tolerances have been complied with;
- when to take action on a process, depending on the measured values of some of its parameters;
- whether to accept the supply of goods delivered with guaranteed characteristics;
- whether to take action on a system because some of its characteristics may be approaching danger thresholds.
The activities undertaken are relate to:
- dimensional measurements with manual methods, CMMs, structured light and laser light
- statistical analysis
- reverse engineering
- calibration of 3D measuring centres (CMM)
- industrial tomography.
- CMM machines premium accurancy for execution of dimensional controls up to 1000x2000x800 mm, equipped also to laser head for optical without contact scan;
- gear measuring machine WTG 400;
- VIRTUAL TOMOGRAPHY STATION for dimensional measurements and failure analysis.